Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

As I was driving my 3-year-old daughter to the ice cream shop tonight, she looked at me and said,

"Daddy, how come you don't have that much hair?"

I almost wrecked the car I was laughing so hard.

Now, granted, I DID just get a haircut but my hair IS a little thinner than it used to be.

It reminded me of what it must be like to be three. There is no 'filter' that kicks in before things come spewing out their mouths.

I remember when my now 10-year-old was three. She looked at me, way back then, and said,

"Daddy, I think you have water in your hair."

She was, of course, referring to a few gray strands that had popped up over the years.

Now, that she's ten, her instincts are much better.

Why, just this summer, as I was laying on the beach, she said,

"Daddy, I think your bald spot is burning."

Progress.

No comments: