Friday, September 21, 2007

THAT Guy....plus....5 Years?

The baby recognizes me. She just turned one month old on Saturday and already she's starting to figure out who we are.

It must be tough to be that little and not have the ability to tell people what's bothering you.

Crappy diaper = "WAAAH!"
Hungry = "WAAAH!"
Tired = "WAAAH!"
Lonely = "WAAAH!"
Upset stomach = "WAAAH!"
Scared = "WAAAH!"

She used to look at us as though we were inanimate objects. NOW, though, she recognizes SuperDad's alter-ego.

Yesterday, she looked at me and the corner of her mouth turned up into half a smile as though she realized it was....

THAT guy!

"Hey, I know THAT guy! Let me think. Do I get milk from his boobs? No. Does he lick my face? No, that's the furry guy. Ooooooh, it's funny face guy! Watch this...here he goes. YES! That's it, it's funny face guy!"

That's about my only claim to fame at this point. My wife is the one waking up with her in the middle of the night. She's taken the time off from work and she's doing the feeding.

Really, this blog should be about SuperMOM because I don't know how she does it. She gets the kids ready for school, takes care of the baby, whisks one kid to soccer, the other to dance, and keepsng the baby from starving...all on about 5 hours of sleep.

Me, I don't even like having to wake up in the middle of the night to pee, let alone having to feed some screaming person.

So today, I've been married to SuperMom for five years. It's been five wonderful years. Where does the time go?

Do you know what the five year anniversary gift is? Wood. Seriously, it's wood. Who created this list?

"I know. How about for 10 years we make it aluminum foil! Have some Saran Wrap honey!"

Actually that could get you killed.

So it's wood. I guess mornings don't count. I'm thinking tree.

It's been five wonderful years, three kids down and none to go...but that's a story for NEXT time.

Happy Anniversary, Honey! 333

No comments: