Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mulch Madness!

We had two, one-ton bags of rubber tire mulch delivered last week for our new Rainbow Playset. I did not know that it was going to be delivered in one-ton bags. This made things quite difficult.

In order to spread the mulch, first I had to tip over the bags.

Imaging going 'elephant-tipping', and you will have an idea of what this was like. The immovable object meeting....well....me.

Why not 10 or 20 smaller bags? Actually, it turns out that this was an option...just much more expensive.

When I came home from work, the giant bags were waiting for me.

We spent the better part of two days shoveling the mulch out and spreading it around. My back feels like it felt after last year's blizzard.

At least now I know that, if my kids fall off the playset, they will be landing on recycled tires.

Comforting.

No comments: