Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Just when it seems like nothing funny will ever happen again and my blog will die off, my kids come to the rescue.

As I was getting ready for work last week, my four-year-old girl came up to me and asked,

"Daddy, will you put fingernail polish on my nails?"

Hmmm...SuperDad does not recognize this alien terminology. What is this pol-ish of which she speaks? Apparently, she hasn't read the Daddy manual that says I am the one to teach about football, car parts, and bodily functions. Luckily, SuperMom bailed me out of this one.

Then came Saturday. Saturdays are always entertaining as my wife works and I am home with the girls. As the four-year-old was playing by herself in the playroom, I heard a sneeze followed by, "Bless myself!"

Yes, that's the way it works isn't it? Why not?
------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, she also treated me to a classic knock-knock joke...almost.

"Knock knock, Daddy", she said.

"Who's there", I replied.

"Banana", she said.

I better get comfortable, I thought, "Banana who?", I responded.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Banana", she said.

"Banana who?", I asked.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

Wait for it....

"Aren't you glad I didn't say 'orange'?", she said proudly.

OK, so she almost had it right.
-------------------------------------------
Just when it seemed that my 8-month-old had lost her ability to speak (it had been two weeks since she blurted out her name!), she has shown us that she's still 'got it'.

Friday night was 'date night'. We got an actual babysitter and everything. This was the first time that someone other than a grandparent would be watching the kids while we were out.

Anyway, I walked in the door, said a big "Hiiii!" to our 8-month-old, she looked right up at me and said,

"Hi, Dada!"

Hey, that was a sentence! The babysitter even gaped! Pretty cool.

1 comment:

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

awwwwwwww she spoke a sentence!! How sweet!!!!!

Love the knock knock joke :)